We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how to add Javabean set datasource as subreport

atmaling

Hi ,

I am new in Ireport I made one report which have JavaBean Datasource connection now I want to add this report as a subreport into another report which may have different connection .

I made that and write conection expression is P!{Report connection} it runs fine but data is not display.

Please help me how to solve that problem

Please it is urgent for me

Thanking You

Atmaling

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,I'm not properly able with english...

My english is too scholastic , my iReport version is old (2.0) and also in Italian language...

Anyway I try to help you...

I met in this period  your same issue and i solved with theese following steps.

First of all we have to know that datasources are "consumable" objects, so we can use them only once a time.

This is important ,for example,when we must to print multiple report  in different formats.

I think  that your problem depends by this matter, but I'm a newbe and I'm not sure.

1- I have set  theese subrpt properties (in the main rpt  => rightclick on subrpt icon):

"new JRBeanCollectionDataSource($F{fieldSubDataSource})"  => Expression of data source (nb: note that is not a param, is a field).

"net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReport" =>  Class of SubReport.

$P{<nameOfYourSubRptJasper>} => Expression of your subRpt passed like a param.

2- I have declared in my JavaBean another attribute called "private Collection fieldSubDataSource(with naturally get and set methods).

3- in the main rpt i have added a field (called fieldSubDataSource with type java.util.Collection)  that I have set in my java app with a Collection object (that returned an array list containing the resulset that represents my subrpt data source) when i have filled all the other main rpt fields trough the resultset.

Resume:

In this way i've passed the subrpt like a param and the subrpt data source like a field of the main rpt and all works perfectly.

hope to help you bye.

Giovanni

...La puissance est rien sans controle...

Post Edited by giobby at 10/30/2009 11:43

• 3 years later...

I did it^^

Filling a report with hashmap "and bean" - though the bean has been added to the hashmap:

yes: [...].fillReport(report, hashMap, new JREmptyDataSource());

no: [...].fillReport(report, hashMap, beanDataSource);

I'll write down my experiences for me and if a tutorial is still wanted I could try to translate it (from German to English^^)...!?