We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can Jasper do this?

tmagalhaes

We are migrating several reports to Jasper but some issues have come up.

If you look the attached file you'll see a mockup of a report we are trying to convert. (The numeric values are not correct, several rows have been omited)

My question is simply if such a report can be done in Jasper.
It's a crosstab report featuring more than one cell for each detail and it uses more than one cell for each summary, both rowwise and columnwise.

A detailed explanation of the report:

The detail cell is actually 2 cells, each with a different value.
The row summary for each detail is further split also into 2 cells.
The first detail column is a simple sum of the row values and the second column is the percentage that row represents in the field's total. (81 is 0.44% of the column's total: 18380 for example)

This row summary is the same for both cell details.

The column summary is very similar, the row labeled Total is a simple sum and the bottom row is percentage of the column summary into the report grand total.

Is this kind of structure possible?
If so, how can I achieve this kind of elaborate crosstab? Been trying to figure something out but the Jasper Crosstab component seems very constricting.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really isn't a source atm, just assorted tests.

My most pressing problem in this case is achieving the table structure showed in the mockup attached to the first post.
Yes, will have to do some work with the variables and expressions to get the calculations working, but that is not a part im too worried about right now.
Spliting the detail cells and having several summary rows/columns is the issue that I'm finding harder to solve.

Yes Crosstabs can do this. However in iReport by default they stack multiple measures in the column so you would have to have Bucket <Num> down the left and Bucket <Letter> accross the top.

See Attached pdf for one I've done.

Post Edited by baggypants at 10/21/2009 09:23

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it ended up being pretty simple to do.
It was one of those things where I'm used to thinking in different terms.

All that was needed was to add a Text Field for each measure in the detail cell, reposition them to sit side by side instead of one above the other and style them with borders to look like "subcells". Same thing for the summaries.

Problem solved.