JasperAnalysis Server vs Jasper AnalysisWorkbench

anuradhamehra01

JasperAnalysis Server vs Jasper AnalysisWorkbench

1. I need to know what is the difference between JasperAnalysis Server and  Jasper AnalysisWorkbench. I am a bit confused whether these are two different tools or not.

2. Also

We have downloaded trial version of Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite from following

link
"http://www.jaspersoft.com/downloads"
But this trial version only has Jasper Server Professional and iReports. We also need to

evaluate JasperAnalysis Server, Jasper Analysis Workbench and JasperETL .
Please let us know from where we can download JasperAnalysis Server, Jasper Analysis Workbench and JasperETL for evaluation.

Are these 3 part of licenced version of Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite or not?

Can we get the trial version of these 3 tools?

Early response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anuradha,

JasperServer and JasperAnalysis are the same thing. By this I mean that they are both part of the same web application. In general it is simply referred to as "JasperServer", but really it should be called "JasperServer / JasperAnalysis". The software that you downloaded includes both. If you look in the docs folder, for example, you'll see documents for JA as well as JS.

The workbench is a separately downloadable tool used to design the JasperAnalysis schema file. It's part of JasperAnalysis in the sense that you can call up tech support and ask them about it just like you would ask about any other part of JasperAnalysis. But technically it is a separate client program; it's not embedded into the JasperAnalysis server application.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks alot Matt for the quick reply.

Just one more query.

As you have mentioned that the Jasper Analysis workbench is a separately downloadable tool used to design the JasperAnalysis schema file. So if we suggest client for JasperSoft BI Suite then alongwith BISuite client needs to buy the Workbench tool seperately for the OLAP schema development?

Because in BI Suite I could not find Jasper Analysis workbench component.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuradha.

Post Edited by anuradhamehra01 at 10/13/2009 05:19