Can different orgs use seperate meta DB JSPRSRVR?

nchirr

Hi,

I have a requirement to use the same installation of JasperServer accessing seperate databases for data.

In addition just to reduce the risk / data corruption, is it possible to define and use seperate JSPRSRVR databases that would store the report templates, generated reports etc., seperately?

Thanks,

Nagesh

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nagesh,

You asked for "seperate databases for data", but the follow-up paragraph seems to indicate that you really want "separate databases for metadata".

As englbrechtful indicates, it's possible (and extremely common) to use lots of different databases for data. But it's not possible to have multiple JasperServer repository databases all accessed by the same JasperServer application. If your requirement is to have two separate groups keep their metadata apart (report definitions, generated content, database connections, etc.) then the multitenancy features of JasperServer Professional achieve this. If your requirement is a bit different from that, then maybe you can post some more details about what you're looking for.

Regards,
Matt

Thanks Matt.

Yes .. my main question was in regards to using seperate Metadata tables.

If you can please clarify, Multi-tenancy although seperates in which group the jrxmls, db connections etc are stored, actually would still store it in the same JSPRSRVR database. Right?

For my current needs this is not a must. I have DR ability for my Metadata database in place already. But thinking into the future, I wanted to check if when selling Jasper internally to various application teams - if we can leverage the same installation but completely avoid any data sharing (Metadata - generated output content etc).

Regards,

Nagesh

Nagesh,

Correct: with multitenancy Company1 can only see their own reports. Company2 can only see their own reports. But in fact both are stored in the same underlying database table. (Company1 and Company2 have no way of knowing this, of course. But that's the underlying structure.)

Regards,
Matt