nested subreport problem?

jvway

UPDATE:

Well please correct me if I'm wrong but I think now this might be data related.  It compiles if I choose empty data source.  But why would the reports run individually, even when I supply parameters.

I've narrowed it down to when I add a subreport.  The two reports run fine individually so there is something odd about the connection.  They are InvoiceMaster and Invoice.  If I add Invoice and run invoice master with a datasource it fails with "Error evaluating expression : Source Text : new java.lang.Integer(1):

I think I've got a problem with too many subreport nests.

I have a main report that contains two subreports. One subreport(A) contains another subreport(A1). The other subreport(B) contains a subreport(B1) that also contains a subreport(B1a). All reports run fine individually.  B runs fine alone with it's subreport B1 and its associated B1a. The problem occurs when I try to add B to the Main report. It fails either with or without A. The only error I get is the following where it seems to be failing on an integer expression. But where?

I can only think it has something to do with the subreport connection but I see nothing about an integer and the subreport expression class is string which it has to be since the link parameter is a GUID. (This is marked important since this is the last step to a rather complex report and I really need to get it finished.)  Is there some place to help debug this other than the output window?  This give me so little useable information.

Thanks,  

Post Edited by jvway at 10/06/2009 23:00

Code:

Post Edited by jvway at 10/06/2009 23:01

Post Edited by jvway at 10/06/2009 23:11

Post Edited by jvway at 10/07/2009 00:09

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic