We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Readonly mode nt supportd in Informix with Jaspsvr

kpant

Hi,

I have successfully plugged in iReport 3.6 with Jasperserver-pro 3.5. I created a report using Informix database which is working fine in iReport 3.6. But when running in Jasperserver its giving error:-

Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object
, cause: Read only mode not supported
        at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericOb
jectPool.java:806)

I tried out the following things but no success:-

1) Added   <prop key="*">ISOLATION_READ_UNCOMMITTED </prop> in all class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionProxyFactoryBean"

2) Changed the jpivot-tags.xml with connectionpooling=false. There seems to be a problem with GenericObjectPool.java of tomcat or something else....  If anyone has a clue how to fix it do respond..... KPant

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

KPant,

Are you using a JasperServer JDBC connection or a Tomcat connection that JasperServer references via JNDI? Come to think of it, this is really not an iReport question. It's a JasperServer question. (And it has the detail that the report works well in iReport.) Please post this thread on the JasperServer forum.

svenn, JasperServer ships with JR 3.5. But there's nothing stoppping one from manually removing the JR 3.5 jars and replacing them with the JR 3.6 jars. I did it as well. It's worked perfectly for me so far.

If you are using JasperServer Pro, then technical support will not support the new JR jars. That seems reasonable enough, since they have not been through QA yet. But they will certainly support them when the next release of JS comes out. And if you do the manual upgrade now it's not as if you have voided your warranty and all support. If you encounter a problem with other pieces, then they'll still happily help you. In the worst case you would need to swap the old, supported, JR jars back in and reproduce a problem like that to be certain that you didn't cause the problem (just like you might have to do with any custom code).

Regards,
Matt

Thnx Matt.... I will post my prob in JS forum too... I am using JDBC connection for Informix. JS 3.6 is still not out so I added some connection-*.jar to JS pro 3.5. My aim is to create report with iReports 3.6 new feature along with JS pro 3.5 and informix.

There seems to be a problem with GenericObjectPool.java of commons-el.jar in JasperServer Pro 3.5 which is different from GenericObjectPool.java of commons-pool-1.3.jar in iReport 3.6. I am finding it tricky and risky to change any class file of any jar. Do you have any idea whether it is possible.