We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how to create HSQL datasource in ireport ?

teamireport

HI Folks,

Like normal jdbc datasource connection how we creating, i want to know create datasource connection for hsql db in i-report

This is for executing the samples report example shipped in the jasperreports distrubtion.

I have started hsql db server and hsql manager from the comand line.

and i have selected the appopritate datasource drive (HSQLDB (file) (org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver))  , after selecting this it asks the following

JDBC URL  :     jdbc:hsqldb:[PATH_TO_DB_FILES]/MYDATABASE

i can understand 'PATH_TO_DB_FILES' means we need to specify the path of hsqldb directory presents in jasperreport distrubtion.

i tried in all aspects, i'm something doing wrong mentioning the database name and database path ..

Can anyone tell me how to specify the ' PATH_TO_DB_FILES'  and what is the database name to give , i would like to know the same in windows enviroment as well as linux environment ?

-teamireport

Post Edited by teamireport at 09/29/2009 17:44

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

teamireport
Wrote:

HI Folks,

Like normal jdbc datasource connection how we creating, i want to know create datasource connection for hsql db in i-report

This is for executing the samples report example shipped in the jasperreports distrubtion.

I have started hsql db server and hsql manager from the comand line.

and i have selected the appopritate datasource drive (HSQLDB (file) (org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver))  , after selecting this it asks the following

JDBC URL  :     jdbc:hsqldb:[PATH_TO_DB_FILES]/MYDATABASE

i can understand 'PATH_TO_DB_FILES' means we need to specify the path of hsqldb directory presents in jasperreport distrubtion.

i tried in all aspects, i'm something doing wrong mentioning the database name and database path ..

Can anyone tell me how to specify the ' PATH_TO_DB_FILES'  and what is the database name to give , i would like to know the same in windows enviroment as well as linux environment ?

-teamireport

teamireport,

You wrote that you started the HSQL DB Server (...\demo\hsqldb\runServer.bat). To connect to that you should be using the JDBC Driver "HSQLDB (server) (org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver)". The default url is fine: jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost.

The username is sa; there is no password, but tick "Save password" anyway. And you should be all set.

Regards,
Matt