Problem with "Ad Hoc Reports"

rocco.germinario

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating JasperServer Professional 3.5.1

I have a problem with "Ad Hoc Report" because when I choose "Create...Ad Hoc Report", I cannot select any Topic or Domain because the list is empty although the topics and domains are present in the repository (which is filled with default sample data).
I also tried to create a new Domain (following instruction in the JasperServer-Pro-User-Guide) but the list remains empty. Other parts of JasperServer are working fine: report and dashboards are OK, so I assume that the installation is correct except for Ad Hoc Reports.

Thanks

Rocco

Post Edited by rocco.germinario at 09/08/2009 09:31

Post Edited by rocco.germinario at 09/08/2009 09:34

Post Edited by rocco.germinario at 09/08/2009 14:00

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a known issue that we had to implement a pretty simple hotfix for (see below). You're right in that it only affects firefox 3.5.

Not sure when this will make it into a patch - perhaps the jasper guys can confirm this?

Issue report:

If any of you have upgraded to Firefox 3.5, there is a fatal problem on ad hoc. All of the adhoc topics and domains are gone on the report creation page!

Solution:

The problem is caused by the addition of support for the script defer attribute in Firefox 3.5 (see http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/defer).

FF 3.5 seems to defer the evaluation of such scripts including loading the defined functions. This causes a problem in adhocTopics.jsp which does

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", start(), false);

(btw, start() seems wrong here as it actually calls the function immediately, start would have made more sense as it would pass the function object as event callback).

The problem in FF 3.5 is that the start function is in a deferred script which is only loaded after the entire document has loaded, so at this moment the browser does not know what start is.

A hotfix could be to change the above mentioned line to

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {start()}, false);

This works due to the fact that DOMContentLoaded events are executed in FF 3.5 after deferred scripts.

Another way to fix this is to move the start function out of the deferred script file (it doesn't need to be there).

• 4 months later...