Can\'t hide Data Sources folder?

emiii0

Is there a way to make it so that when people log into their accounts they won't see the data sources folder/data sources, but still be able to generate their reports? I just want certain individuals to see their specified folder and Reports and nothing else. I know you can set it as read only but I'd rather them not see that at all.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI emiii0,

Yes it's possible..

Do the following steps

1.Login in as jasperadmin/jasperadmin user.

2. In the left side tree view select the folder that you  want to hide from users/roles and right-click.

3. Select 'Assign Permissions'

In there u can restrict the folder access to view/read/no access.

Hope this helps for you.

thanks,

teamireport

Post Edited by teamireport at 09/03/2009 12:21

I've already tried that. Yes, it does hide the Data Sources folder, but if that folder contains a JDBC Data Source needed to create that person's report the individual can not create the report and gets the following error.

Error Message:  Access denied: You do not have permission to take the requested action.

I just want to hide everything aside from their specific folder and reports. Do I really have to set the Data Source as read only? I know this is nothing major, but i just don't feel like anyone besides the admin should see that.

You might want to have a look at this previous post

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=58091&topid=58341

The problem you have is that users need access to the resources to be able to run the reports which means they must have at least read only access. Having read only access means the folders are displayed in the repository tree.

You can set the hidden flag in the jiresourcefolder table which means the folder gets hidden for all even administrators or change the code to hide the folder for certain user types.

Anyway have a look at the post as it's all detailed here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

For users who do not need to view the data source folder, but needs to use it in a report, set their access rights to Execute only on the folder. It hides the folder and items, but allows the reports to execute them.