Javascript Syntax Error on Internet explorer !

vishal29bhp

Hello Jaspersoft,

I installed jasperserver 3.5.0 community edition .

I upload a sample report and when i click on run report i get the follwoing javascript error in Internet Explorer.

but this is working fine with Mozila Firefox . How do i remove this error in IE.

I got this error in Internet Explorer after implementing Cascading Input Control Patch.

regards

Vishal

Post Edited by vishal29bhp at 08/27/2009 08:05

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To fix this, edit jasperserver/WEB-INF/jsp/ReportTopParametersForm.jsp, find the following lines (at the end of the file):

<%-- call server to initialize image of parameter inputs, may not do anything --%>     <script>        initCascade('${requestScope.reportUnitObject.URI}');        <!-- initCascade('${reportUnitDisplayName}');     -->    </script>

and remove the line that starts with "<!--", i.e. change the lines to

<%-- call server to initialize image of parameter inputs, may not do anything --%>     <script>        initCascade('${requestScope.reportUnitObject.URI}');    </script>

Regards,

Lucian

Post Edited by lucianc at 09/01/2009 15:38

• 4 weeks later...
Code:
Thanks Lucian for the reply,
I tried this solution works well . But i get new Javascript problem on IE .

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

When i see the Developer tool of Internet Explorer it is giving "Operation Aborted" error on dwr/engine.js 1099,1194 line no.

I tried to remove this error by using this link :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

By Making registry called "Style" and setting the "MaxScriptStatements" DWORD value .

But this must be solved at server level.One More thing other than js file in jasperserver i am using jquery.js file which using ajax calling for other roles than jasperadmin.

Plz Help on this how do i solve this issue.

vishal29bhp
Wrote:

Thanks Lucian for the reply, I tried this solution works well . But i get new Javascript problem on IE . "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

I don't know why IE complains about this.  Log a bug on trackers to get this issue investigated.

Regards,

Lucian