We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Export to DOCX format

pawel_r

Hi

How is the docx support in jasperreports working? I am asking since I am very interested in possibility to export to Office formats in jasperreports and all I found till now was additional, quite expensive tools.

On the main page of jasperreports 3.5.3 it is said that jasperreports now support export to DOCX files, however when I tried DocxJRExporter (As Far As I Remember)  in my servlet it produces just a very small file, doesn't seem to be proper DOCX file (I am using Microsoft converter for Office 2007 files) - only 2KB, even thgough it should include some pie chart. The same servlet generates proper HTML and pdf files so I suppose it is some problem with Exporter class. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Problem solved. It turned out I changed report a little between checking html and docx functionality, so it did not compile (even though there were no errors thrown). THe docx export functionality works fine.

Post Edited by pawel_r at 08/26/2009 07:12

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can we see that DOCX file, or at least a similar one?

What is the machine configuration you used?

The DOCX exporter creates documents with tables, and having that many tables might post a performance problem to Word.

But how else would you be able to reproduce the report template design? Using plain paragraphs is not enough to achieve absolute positioned layouts.

Thank you,

Teodor

• 1 year later...

Hi Teodor,

this is an old thread but I hope you will be able to see it. As far as I have seen Jasper does not support paragraphs at all? We have a signicant amount of reports (not actually reports but more like documents, since we're talking about 30 page permits for some of them) and the client would like to edit them after they are produced. By using tables, when for example you add a line in a "paragraph" the cell does not expand downwards, but the new line is not show. The user has to expand the cell by hand.

Is there a viable alternative for this? Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...