community version to professional 3.5v migration

shivareddyk

Dear professionals........,

Q:- how to migrate from community version to professional 3.5v migration(Eval  version)?

i installed jasper professional version 3.5 ,with default server as Tomcat and MYSQL as existing mysql db from my pc(not bundel mysql db).

note:my pc having all mysql backup data(schema database and jasperserver db form community version)

Now i need to run same type of things(analysisviews and reports) in jasperprofessional version,how i can make it?

please respond,if u have any document process please send me shiva.reddy@hotmail.com.

ur help is appriciated.......

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can migrate from the CE edition to the Professional edition by using the import-export functionality. I am assuming that you have your own reports, etc inside of the CE instance and you would like to move those to a new Pro instance.

If you don't have items in CE that need to get moved to Pro then you can instead delete your CE instance and install a brand new Pro instance.

If you want to get your reports/resources out of CE... try going to your <js-install-ce>/scripts. At the command line, you can run:

js-export.bat  --everything --output-zip js-ce-export.zip

Then, after you have installed your Pro JasperServer, you can import the files in to Pro:

<js-install-pro>/scripts

js-import.bat  --input-zip <path>/js-ce-export.zip

On thing to keep in mind is that 3.5 Pro has support for MultiTenancy (multiple organizations in one JasperServer instance) so the default file structure is more complex in the Pro version. You can always move your reports/resources around in the repository file system using the UI with copy and move, etc.