JR 3.5.2 and XLS scalability

denys

I get OutOfMemory exception while trying to export huge reports to Excel format.

I have found this thread, but it does not provide a clear solution nor gives definite answer if anything will be done by JasperReports Development Team to address the issue

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=41922

Post Edited by denys at 08/04/2009 14:38

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think on the other thread you referred to, the answer given was clear enough.

Basically, it was said that the problem is not with our software, but with the other libraries that we use to generate XLS files, in particular POI and JExcelApi. Since those are not our software, there is nothing we can do to optimize them.

It also has been suggested that the JExcelApiExporter is more memory friendly than the JRXlsExporter (based on POI).

Thank you,

Teodor

Hi,

Just one more thing about this.

Soon, we'll probably start working on an XLSX exporter that will not rely on any other third party libraries.

It will be very scalable. Let's see if we can make some place for this enhancement in our roadmap.

You can log this on our trackers as a feature requets if you want.

Thank you,

Teodor

• 2 years later...

Hi Just a question on the xlsx exporter

is this the one that has that functionality without relying in third party implementations

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRXlsxExporter  or which one would be the exporter to use to generate XLSX Reports? Thanks-- Francisco