We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can i create Dynamic report?

senthilm

Hi all,

I am new to Jasperserver and very much interested to use jasperserver.

Actually i have

jasperserver-3.5.0-bin  and iReport-3.0.0

and i want to create dynamic report and deploy into jasperserver.

which means i want to give the control to user to design his structure or template of the report dynamically.

is it possible in jasperserver?

Kindly help me to proceed further..

Thanks in advance,

senthilm

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is possible through adhoc report editor.

All you need to do is to create a report through iReports which will populate fields from the table . Then you need to save the report in Ad hoc Components/topics folder.

Once the report is saved in the specified location, you then need to login to the jasperserver and select 'Create' and then select 'Ad Hoc Report' to create a report.

Hope it helps....

Javed

You need to create report throught iReports and then upload it on the jasperserver.

Inside the report you just need to populate the fields through REPORT QUERY browser in iReports  and then upload the same report to jasperserver in Ad hoc Components/topics folder.

You can upload the report to jasperserver through iReports by using the jasperserver plugin in iReports. To enable the plugin, choose Window > JasperServer Repository. Then you need to Add a new server and  add the server information. After adding the server information, you will be able to view the Repository contents. Look for Ad hoc Components/topics folder and save the report in that particular folder.

I have also attached an example report and you can save it in the  Ad hoc Components/topics folder.

Hope it will help.

Regards

Javed