Configure EMAIL for JasperServer

supunthri

Hi,

Im using jasperServer 3.5.1, and i configured jasperserver to send mails. I ve put the following values in the js.quartz.properties file,

report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=ip of the server

report.scheduler.mail.sender.username=reporting@domain.com

report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=password

report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=reporting@domain.com

report.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=smtp

report.scheduler.mail.sender.port=25

but when i put mail addresses in other domains for the report scheduler, it gave me the following error in messages of jasperserver.

Note that it works fine for the email addresses of the same domain, I see this as the SMTP authenticating problem. Anyway to configure jasperserver to require SMTP authentication?

Job: Background Execution (ID: 22) Report unit: /reports/T___Mobile/T___Mobile/ShipmentReport Quartz Job: ReportJobs.job_22 Quartz Trigger: ReportJobs.trigger_22_0 Exceptions: An error occurred while sending job error notification. org.springframework.mail.MailSendException; nested exception details (1) are: Failed message 1: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 530 SMTP authentication is required. at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1196) at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:584) at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:391) at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:335) at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:331) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.sendMailNotification(ReportExecutionJob.java:922) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.executeAndSendReport(ReportExecutionJob.java:395) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.execute(ReportExecutionJob.java:188) at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195) at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520) Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 530 SMTP authentication is required. at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1094) ... 9 more

Thanks in advance!
Supun

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same problem. In fact, in standard mode, jasperserver doesn't use smtp authentication.

You have to edit the file applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml in $TOMCAT/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF directory, to find the bean <bean id="reportSchedulerMailSender" and to add inside the property :

<property name="javaMailProperties">
                        <props>
                                <prop key="mail.smtp.auth">true</prop>
                        </props>
                </property>

I have a scheduled report that sends reports by mail and I use the smtp server of my FAI with authentication.

Hope it will help you

(solution given by Lucian in this forum some months ago)

Post Edited by Gaby38 at 07/21/2009 21:09