We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

.jrxml conversion tools

mtassinari

Hi everybody,

Perhaps this is not the best place where to ask, but I'd like to give it a try anyway. At my company we decided we have to move to a new report generator program because we are having compatibility problems with new office version.

So, my question is: is there any automated conversion tool that can convert our .jrxml report templates to, let's say, Crystal Report's .rpt format, so that we do not need to rewrite a hundred report templates from scratch?

Thanks in advance for the help you'll be willing to give me :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a search but I believe I saw a post that said the next version of Jasper Report would be compatible with the lastest MS products. Unfortunately the only conversion tool available is the one sitting at your desk. /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif

The problem is that we are unable to open any .rtf document made with JasperReports inside Word 2007, because the document makes the program crash. We do not actually know if this issue is related with the report or with Word, but we noticed that crashes happen ONLY when trying to open a document made with JasperReports.

Also, we need the possibility to natively create .doc and .docx documents, which is currently impossible using JasperReports alone, if I'm not mistaking.

Hi,

Can you post here an RTF that makes your Word crash?

Also, we are working on a DOCX exporter that should be available later this month. We are no longer targetting the former DOC format, which is from older versions of Office and will probably be deprecated in time.

Thank you,

Teodor

The possibility to export reports in .docx format would be exactly what we are looking for! I hope that a new version with that feature will be released soon!

I have attached a .rtf document generated using JasperReports which we cannot open on Word 2007 but works fine with Word 2003 (both business, or professiona, english edition)

That's what we thought too. But even after a complete uninstall and reinstall of Office 2007 plus all of its SPs we are still unable to open it, and the same happens to each and every of our customers with their own Office 2007 installation.

I know this is very strange, but we cannot understand what's going on so that the document won't open...

EDIT: as a side note, I'd like to point out that when trying to open it, the document seems almost to open correctly but then the program crashes after a few seconds. Perhaps it is really a Word issue after all, and not one due to JasperReports...

Post Edited by mtassinari at 07/08/2009 11:07

Yeah, we also thought it could just be due to the italian version we are using at our company, that's why we decided to try also with the english version, but we got the same result.

Anyway, I'd say it'll do no harm to try again perhaps reinstalling it from scratch :)

But even if we get this to work correctly, we'd still need to have the native .docx support, 'cause we really need it (because of our customers' demands)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we have solved an RTF export problem that might have been the cause of your Word crashing:

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreports/tracker/view.php?id=4169

It would be greate it you could test the SVN head version and let us know if now the RTF files work for you.

The fix will be part of the next release.

Thank you,

Teodor