We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Exporting reports from Jasperserver UI.

geethanjali

Hi,

I didn't install JasperServer, but instead deployed the .war file into my ApplicationServer. But now i am planning to upgade to version Jasperserver-3.5.0 from version-3.1.0. Instead of using 'js-export' ,Is there any other way. Because the deployed jasperserver.war doesnot have 'js-export.bat'.

Thank You

-geetha

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to use export to export data from 3.1 instance and import data into 3.5 instance  for upgrading.

If you have jasperserver-3.1-bin.zip , you can still use the {install-dir}/jasperserver-3.1-bin/scripts  to export data from ur current jasperserver instance by using steps from Install Guide

( even though, you have not installed jasperserver)

Yes, if you have your original unpacked dir from jasperserver-3.1-bin.zip then there is a scripts dir there with the js-export.bat file.

The configuration needed for this is not much because you are probably using MySQL as your repository DB.

So the Install Guide has Section 7 "Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.5".

However... there is actually a database upgrade script which will take a 3.1 (or 3.0) jasperserver database and turn it into a 3.5 database without any Import-Export.

But, the 3.5 version of JasperServer has Password Encryption turned on by default for increased security. So, if you simply upgrade you database, your user account passwords will be "in-the-clear" and will not make sense when they are attempted to be "un-encrypted". The script has instructions inside and sql statements that can be uncommented to deal with this issue.

You can look at the following script:

jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/scripts/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-3.1.0-3.5.0-WARNING.sql