We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Context help to access the getters

croutledge

I'm trying to use a list of my domain objects to create reports.  I've been able to get the fields listed from the domain objects and can drag them on to a report.  But when one of the properties is another domain object ireport is unable to see the getters in that object for me to call.  i have to manually change it to $F{order}.getId() for example.

Is this the only way of doing it or is it possible for ireport to provide some sort of context assist?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by map?

I just tried changing a field from $F{packCodeMD}.getId(), which works, to $F{packCodeMD.id} and it doesn't work. I get a line in the Report Problem Window saying File Not Found: packCodeMD.id.

In the report output window i get: -

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException:ÂReportÂdesignÂnotÂvalidÂ:Â ÂÂÂÂÂ

1.ÂFieldÂnotÂfoundÂ:ÂpackCodeMD.id ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:262) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:144) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂcom.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:525) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂorg.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561) ÂÂÂÂ

atÂorg.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986

To map in this case means to define a field to reference a particular objecyt (that's mybean.getPackCodeMD().getId() )

There are two ways to map this such of sub object, I gave you the one that is not the default. The bean path is read from the description of the field, while the name of the field is arbitrary.

See the attached image. The object  <personBean>.getAddress().getState() is defined as field named state. The description says how to get it from the bean that represents the current record (address.state).
You should do the same for your packCodeMD.id.

/uploads/projects/ireport/bean_mapping.png

Giulio

Hitting a problem with this on one of my test reports. In my Pallet class i have an attribute of type currentPalletLocation, which itself contains a attribute of type PalletStore. Now i want to display the location attribute of the PalletStore. If i add a field via the JavaBean Datasource choosing currentPalletLocation the report will preview (not added the field to the report). If i add the field to the report and then change the expression to $F{currentPalletLocation}.getPalletStore().getLocation() it works just fine.

If i add a field via the JavaBean Datasource straight to the location attribute the report doesn't even preview even when it isn't actually added to report. See error below

ErrorÂfillingÂprint...ÂErrorÂretrievingÂfieldÂvalueÂfromÂbeanÂ:Âlocation

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException:ÂErrorÂretrievingÂfieldÂvalueÂfromÂbeanÂ:Âlocation ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:127) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getFieldValue(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:100) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource.getFieldValue(JRBeanCollectionDataSource.java:104) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setOldValues(JRFillDataset.java:822) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:786) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:1413) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:111) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:899) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:821) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:89) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:628) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:544) ÂÂÂÂatÂcom.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:921) ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:561) ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:986) CausedÂby:Âjava.lang.NoSuchMethodException:ÂUnknownÂpropertyÂ'location' ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:1122) ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:686) ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtilsBean.getProperty(PropertyUtilsBean.java:715) ÂÂÂÂatÂorg.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:290) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRAbstractBeanDataSource.getBeanProperty(JRAbstractBeanDataSource.java:115) ÂÂÂÂ...Â14ÂmoreÂ

Print not filled. Try to use an EmptyDataSource...

Any idea's?

Cheers

Carl