We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dashboard - adding a report with a prompt

spage

I would be very grateful for any help with this:  I am running Jasper Report 3.1 and iReport 3.1.2.  I have just written a simple report using iReport which requires a prompt for its one parameter.   I have added it to the repository and added the required input control; it works fine when testing it with Jasper Reports.

But when I add it to the Dashboard (using the Dashboard Designer), a message appears saying "The report is missing default values for at least one mandatory parameter".   This message is still displayed when I add in the input_control from the 'Single Report Controls" section together with the Submit and Reset buttons.  In the report itself, I have defined a default expression for the report's parameter.  So, I can't work out what is going wrong.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard,

It was a while ago now, and I'm afraid I no longer have that solution to hand, but from memory I think the solution was to create the Report with the Control in iReport, including the default value and then publish it to the repository.  This is as oppoded to creating the Control in JasperReports.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Stuart

Running iRport and Jasperserver 3.5.

I also get that message when I add an iReport that has a paramater to a dashboard.  For my version you can correct that message by going into Special Content  and under Single Report Controls at the top, add the necessary input that goes with the report you've added to the dashboard to the dashboard as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  Two reports that I want to control with a single date input control on a dashboard.  When I run the reports individually, a prompt dialog comes up and asks me for the date, and each report works fine.  When I try to add either report to a dashboard, I get the "missing default" message the others are getting.  The input control DOES become available as a single report input control (when I add the first report) or a multiple report input control (when I add the second report that has the same parameter and input control defined), but adding that input control to the dashboard doesn't seem to appease it.  I've changed my parameters from mandatory to not mandatory, and I've provided defaults for them, plus they work as individual reports.  But I can't create a dashboard with these two reports.  HELP!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, it's two years later, and I've now written a few hundred reports in iReport, but I've still never successfully created a dashboard that includes a report with an input control.  I've set a default value for the date parameter in iReport (I used new Date(), although I really want the default value to be null so I can recognize when the user hasn't input a date and I can treat that as a special case like I do when it's a stand-alone report), and it's not a mandatory parameter, although it is visible.  I've unchecked the box in JasperServer that says "Always prompt", and even though I still get the error when I drag the report onto the dashboard designer pane, the input control does show up under "Special Content" as expected under either the Singel Report Controls or Multiple Report Controls, depending on whether I only have a single report in the dashboard or multiple with the same parameter name.  And yes, I can click on the arrow next to that special content version of the input control and get it to show up in the design pane, and then I also add a standard submit button and save the dashboard.  But even with all that, when I go to run the dashboard, in the area where the report should be, I get the same error as when I was designing, and if I enter a date in the date input control and click submit, it seems to have no effect at all.  A report that works perfectly well as a stand-alone and has been modified to try to appease the default-needy dashboard still won't run inside the dashboard.

Carl