We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

The differences with Jasper Analysis

frankslin

Hi

What I know about jasper  server is that it's a olap server base on Mondrian .

From its datasheet I know it can do analysis and  reporting

so comparing with jasper analysis, what's the differences between them?

thank you

Cheers

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You need to understand the overall picture of Jasper. Let me give some scenerio.

JasperServer, its like car, where it will allow user to travel (generate report). To make the car move, we need the engine (JasperReports) which responsible to move the car in various speed (report format: xls, pdf, csv, swf) . In modern days, we might interested to have GPS Navigation (JasperAnalysis) to simplify our travel plan and on-demand trafic monitoring.

Hope you understand the above explanation :-)

thanks anandharaj

clear explaination,but not too technique:)

is that relation between them is just like the relation between JasperReport and iReport?
   what if i dont use jasperanalyse, can jasperServer do the analysis(I find that jpivot + mondrian do well the analysis already)?      So,what else jasperanlyse offer?

thank u again~

Post Edited by Lin Chun at 04/02/09 12:56

frankslin,

JasperAnalysis runs seamlessly on JasperServer, and adds support for the creation of analysis views. When compared to JPivot + Mondrian, JasperAnalysis offers an improved UI and integration with the reports you store in the JasperServer repository (put another way, I can write a report that passes MDX to an analysis view to create a drill through link from a JRXML to an analysis view).

Hope this help,

Kristen