Lack of JasperReports Documentation

andrey_nado

Unfortunately I cannot post to sticky thead at forum's top, so I've created a new thread.

I very surprised that new JR features are not documented. Where can I find information regarding chart themes? Where can I find information regarding new pie chart settings (as of v3.1)?

We've purchased "Definitive Guide" and it contains no any information regarding new JR features. This docs looks not changed since v1.3! Is there any money-back option?

On-line API docs and JRXML reference describe v.3.0 whereas v3.1 is already released. That's not good guys.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The new version of the JasperReports Guide that will cover the new features up to version 3.1.4 is currently under review and will be published soon. When available, we'll make sure you get a copy.

In the meantime, you can check the /demo/samples/chartthemes in the JR source tree. Also, in the following few weeks, a new version of the iR designer will be out and it will contain a visual chart theme designer, so creating XML-based chart themes should be trivial.

Thank you,

Teodor