Unable to open iReport after JasperServer Installa

kadimulam

Hi,

I have installed iReports  (Version 3.0.0)  along with JasperServer 3.0. I could able to run the Jasper Reports and i am able to login into the JasperSErver. But when i try to open iReport from Start> All Programs> JasperServer> Start iReport, I am unable to open it.

I tried the same installation on a different machine and on that machine i received an error 'JDK 50 or newer was not found on your machine' even after setting up the JAVA_HOME, path and classpaths.

Can you please help me in solving this problem?

Thanks,
Kiran

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kiren,

There is a bug with the installation configuration regarding ireport. iReport, of course, needs java to be available. The JS installer actually puts a copy of Java 1.5 on the hard drive for use by JasperServer. Unfortunately, ireport is not finding this java instance at ireport startup time.

We already have a fix for this and it will be available in the next release of JasperServer installer (3.5.0 will be it's name I believe). So, in the meantime, let me track down the fix for you and post when I get it. Basically, there are just two scripts (.bat and .sh) so that included java is put on the path before ireport starts...

-Tony

Hi Kiran,

I have attached files which will help you to start the iReport correctly. Copy it in a <js_pro_install_dir>/ireport/bin(iReportLoader.sh for Linux, iReportLoader.bat for Windows). To run the iReport to run this file.

-Misha

Post Edited by firemouse firemouse at 02/18/09 00:10

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am new to Jasper. I have installed JasperServer 3.1. ireport and tomcat also installed along with Jasperserver. Now i want to install or run the jasper reports. I have downloaded the jasper reports. Now how can i use ireport on jasper server. How can i run jasper reports.

Actually my main server is weblogic. Any idea regarding this? Because i have to run these reports against weblogic. Please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance,

Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

i think you dont have clear picture about JasperServer (JS). JS is a web container which need to be deploy into Java Servlet (Tomcat / Jboss / Weblogic). JS also need a DB to store its metadata (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc). JasperReports (JR) is a engine to produce the reports, therefore its included in JS. iReport is a tool to design the report. So, please make sure that your JS is running fine and then start designing the report in iReport -> upload into JS -> Run report in JS

www.raj2u.net

Post Edited by Anandharaj @ Raj at 03/20/09 01:21