We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

New to jasper

mrssnowy123

Hiie, im veri new to jasper report. Im learning from scratch. so do pardon me if i ask stupid questions.

First, currently im using iReport version 2.0.4

My requirement now is, i have a whole list of case number. So whenever i wanna look at the details of a certain particular case number, i will click on the hyperlink of that specific case number. and all details related to this case number will be displayed in another report.

From what i know is, i have to make use of Jasper server in order to do that. As iReport is only a tool for designin.

May i know, first step first. Do i download Jasper Server? And how will it works?

Thanks in advance for any help. =)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

iReport is a tool to design the report (which will produce .jrxml file)

JasperServer - is a web application (UI) to run / view / schedule reports

JasperReport - is a report engine, that will produce the report in various format (excel, pdf, etc)

For JasperServer installation, you may take a loot at my blog (www.raj2u.net). the documentation is also available in the "jasper server" download file.

Post Edited by Anandharaj @ Raj at 12/24/08 06:38

Thanks for the reply. But i have another question. is it true that i need to have 2 reports, one master report and another 'sub-report', so that when i click on the case number, it will open up the 'sub-report' right?

Instead of that, is it possible not to have a already created 'sub-report' and when i click on the case number, it will generate the report itself?

Thanks for any help. =)

• 2 weeks later...