We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Page Properties

tejeshwar

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to elaborate on that a little bit.

There are four types of reports handled by Ad Hoc: table, chart, crosstab, and dashboard. Each one has a list of default settings in applicationContext-adhoc.xml, so you will see four occurrences of the "paperSize" entry, under the properties "tableDefaults", "crosstabDefaults", "chartDefaults", and "dashboardDefaults". Table and crosstab are set to "letter" by default, and chart and dashboard are set to "content", which means that the size of the output isn't constrained by a paper size. You probably want to set "a4" as the default in table and crosstab.

• 7 months later...

Is there a way to have a report that uses multiple page sizes when generating the PDF?

I have a report that generates a normal size PDF and another report that generates an envelop sized PDF with an address. I would like to combine the two reports so that the first page of the PDF generated is a standard letter size, and the second page of the PDF is the size of an envelope.

I tried putting the envelope in a sub report, but when the subreport is generated it is on a page with the standard size.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Carl

carlthewinner
Wrote:

Is there a way to have a report that uses multiple page sizes when generating the PDF?

I have a report that generates a normal size PDF and another report that generates an envelop sized PDF with an address. I would like to combine the two reports so that the first page of the PDF generated is a standard letter size, and the second page of the PDF is the size of an envelope.

I tried putting the envelope in a sub report, but when the subreport is generated it is on a page with the standard size.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Carl

You can't do that currently in a single report.

JasperReports support batch exporting which allows several reports to be exported in a single PDF file, but this functionality cannot be leveraged in JasperServer.

Regards,

Lucian