We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Date format

yyhor

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The following is the jrxml code of the date field. Although i have converted it to String, but it still display the format "yyyymmdd" (this is the format which is stored in db).

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="false" pattern="dd-MMM-yyyy" isBlankWhenNull="true" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="None"  hyperlinkTarget="Self" >
     <reportElement
      x="436"
      y="103"
      width="75"
      height="12"
      key="textField"/>
     <box></box>
     <textElement>
      <font fontName="Courier New" pdfFontName="Courier" isPdfEmbedded ="false"/>
     </textElement>
    <textFieldExpression   class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{BILL_DT}]]></textFieldExpression>
    </textField>

Thanks & Regards,

yy

In this case all you have done is put an Integer value in a field defined as a String. What you should try is using the Java method to convert your value to a String then use a date formatter

new SimpleDateFormat('dd-MMM-yyyy").parse( $F{BILL_DT } .toString());

Set the class to  java.util.Date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried to create a variable and class type as java.util.Date, which is :

<variable name="BILL-DT" class="java.util.Date" resetType="Report" calculation="Nothing">
  <variableExpression><![CDATA[new SimpleDateFormat("dd MMM yyyy").parse($F{BILL_DT})]]></variableExpression>
 </variable>

but i'm having the errors as below:-

Error filling print... Error evaluating expression :
      Source text : new SimpleDateFormat("dd MMM yyyy").parse($F{BILL_DT})
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression :
      Source text : new SimpleDateFormat("dd MMM yyyy").parse($F{BILL_DT})
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JREvaluator.evaluateEstimated(JREvaluator.java:257)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluateEstimated(JRCalculator.java:528)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.estimateVariables(JRCalculator.java:173)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.next(JRFillDataset.java:753)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:1422)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:111)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:879)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:782)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:63)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:402)
      at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:234)
      at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:947)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "20080114"
        at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
        at R1_1224056800132_539306.evaluateEstimated(R1_1224056800132_539306:812)
        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JREvaluator.evaluateEstimated(JREvaluator.java:246)
        ... 12 more 
Print was not filled. Try using an EmptyDataSource...

any ideas ?

Thanks & Regards,

yy

The standard Java date parser doesn't recognize the yyyymmdd format.

You can try something like

<CODE>new java.util.Date(-1900+d/10000, -1+(d%10000)/100 ,d%100); </CODE>

That's a deprecated constructor but you can check the Java docs for a replacement.

No offense, but I would suggest database redesign. Having the date stored as an integer in this format means you can't do date arithmetic (i.e., subtract two dates).

• 3 years later...

Hi to all!I try to implement table subreport. When I generate the table I get org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException: Unparseable date: "1997/08/25"My pattern is "yyyy, MMM dd" and the class of the field is java.util.Date. This is the xmldatasource semple in jasper report package.What I missing?Please Help...Mennei.

Post Edited by mennei at 10/26/2011 09:43