We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

cannot start jasperserver 2.1

mkjei

Hi,

I wanted to test out the jasperserver upgrade from 2.1 to 3.0, and I copied jasperserver webapps directory to another directory (testjasper), and then changed the context.xml so that it points to this other mysql instance from another machine (which I replicated the whole jasperserver database from the orginal one)

but when i started it, it failed, and from the webapps log, i saw the following error:

ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,TP-Processor2:78 - Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
WARN SettingsFactory,TP-Processor2:109 - Could not obtain connection metadata
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

my original jasperserver is still running fine on the same machine, and off of the same tomcat instance, so I m not sure what is going on ....

thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats exactly what i wanted to ask .... i wanted to create a test server based on my current data on jasperserver ... 

on the same machine, i duplicated the jasperserver webapp directory into a new name, and then copied the entire jasperserver database to another machine, modified this new duplicated jasperserver's context.xml so that it points to this new database location ... but then I m getting this null errors when I try to start it up ...

Your mysql settings might be different on the test machine.  I setup my test environment by installing jasperserver on the test server, stopping mysql and jasperserver, and then copying my production files on top of the ones I just installed on test.  Not sure if that's the way to go, but it worked for me. :)

Can you post the whole error message here?