We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Header for each Excel page only while printing?

honeyani

Hi All,

Through iReport is it possible to set header for the excel sheet properties,Ican set header for a page and header for each page through iReport.

My query : Throguh iReport i should be able to set single header for the generated excel file(this is done),but when i give for print header for each page should be set ,i mean to say header for each page will happen if we set it in Excel sheet page set up properties .is it possible to set anything like that ( Excel sheet page set  up properties)through iReport tool?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

As far as i have investigated in the available tutorials

iReport tool supports only below 3 ways to set header:

1. <title> - will appear once at top of report (which we have used on our report).
    2. <page Header> -will appear at top of every page.
    3. <columnHeader> - if there exists more than 2 column value on our report, this can be set for each column.
 Is it possible to set cutom property for header (to set page set up property of excel sheet) using iReport tool?

honeyani
Wrote:

Hi All,

1. <title> - will appear once at top of report (which we have used on our report).
    3. <columnHeader> - if there exists more than 2 column value on our report, this can be set for each column.
 Is it possible to set cutom property for header (to set page set up property of excel sheet) using iReport tool?

Hi Friends,

I fixed this using an external Java API Apache's POI-HSSF API ,which helps us to set header and footer for each page that too during print section alone... :)

Hope this mght help u too..!!

Thx,

Ani

honeyani
Wrote:

honeyani
Wrote:

Hi All,

Hi Friends,

I fixed this using an external Java API Apache's POI-HSSF API ,which helps us to set header and footer for each page that too during print section alone... :)

Hope this mght help u too..!!

Thx,

Ani

Eventhough have fixed it using some external API , I need a confirmation on its possiblity or impossiblility using iReport tool .Can anyone plz confirm us on thiz???????(it will save our time on more investigation with the tool)...

Hi,

I don't think we fully understood what headers you are talking about.

Is it about suppressing the page header section of the report on subsequent pages, when exporting to XLS?

If it is about that, then note that you can filter out content from a report when exporting to XLS based on element origin, using exporter hints such as those explained in this FAQ here:

http://jasperforge.org/uploads/publish/jasperreportswebsite/JR%20Website/jasperreports_faq.html#How%20can%20I%20suppress%20page%20headers%20and%20footers%20when%20exporting%20to%20XLS?

I hope this helps.

Teodor

teodord
Wrote:

Hi,

I don't think we fully understood what headers you are talking about.

Is it about suppressing the page header section of the report on subsequent pages, when exporting to XLS?

If it is about that, then note that you can filter out content from a report when exporting to XLS based on element origin, using exporter hints such as those explained in this FAQ here:

http://jasperforge.org/uploads/publish/jasperreportswebsite/JR%20Website/jasperreports_faq.html#How%20can%20I%20suppress%20page%20headers%20and%20footers%20when%20exporting%20to%20XLS?

I hope this helps.

Teodor

Hi Teodor,

Thanks for your reply! I didn't mean supression of header .If i want the header to appear once on the document hope, i can use title tag in iReport.

But my requirement is,on jasper report generated Excel i should be able to see the header only once,if i go and view the Page set up property of Excel sheet i should be able to find my custom header set here,so that the header will be set during print on each page alone.

If we set header/footer using POI API ,it sets on header/footer property of the Excel sheet and it gets printed on each page when we give for print.In the same manner do we have anyways to set our custom properties for excel sheet using iReport tool...

Waiting for your reply or confirmation at the earliest..

Thanks,

Anitha

• 3 years later...