We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasperserver 3.0 & MySQL

rubedogg04

Does anyone know if i can run two different versions of Jasperserver with one MySQL binary?

The default mysql database that is created when Jasperserver is installed is "jasperserver".  What should i do if i want to run two different versions of Jasperserver?

Are there files that need to be edited so that there is no inter-version interference?

Please advise.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your post it sounds like you're interested in running multiple instances of JasperServer (regardless of whether they are the save version or different versions). This is certainly possible. I'm currently running a few instances of JasperServer 2.1 and a few instances of JasperServer 3.0 all in the same Tomcat. They each point to a different MySQL repository.

To do this you'll need to do a WAR file install rather using the GUI installer. The installation guide is included with the download and it has all of the details.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt for replying.  Please pardon me as I am just a report writer still learning the whole file structure. 

If i understand what you are saying, i should do an uninstall and reinstall jasperserver 3.0...and not mess around with jasperserver 2.1 (which is working fine right now). Why can't i just modify the exploded war file?

Are you referring to modifying the database configuration files:

<install-dir>/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/META-INF/context.xml

or

<tomcat-install-dir>conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xml

<install-dir>/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/hibernate.properties

<install-dir>/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/web.xml

I'm not sure about uninstalling and reinstalling jasperserver 3.0. It depends how it's setup now.

You certainly want to not mess around with jasperserver 2.1 (which is working fine right now).

I think you just want to deploy JasperServer 3.0 using the WAR file install. Before doing that deployment you'll need to manually create a new database (on the same MySQL server). The new database would be, for example, jasperdb30.

The key file to update is this one that you indicated:

/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/META-INF/context.xml

Make sure it's pointed to the new repository (not the one that JasperServer 2.1 is using).

Regards,

Matt