Any resources for transitioning from Crystal to Jasper?

tlind

Hi,

I'm a very good crystal developer and make extensive use of formula fields to manipulate data.  I need to do the same things in JasperReports but am a lousy java programmer.  Is there any resource out that that would help me with explore / understand (either Java or Groovy ) the crystal / vb formula components, vs doing them in java or groovy?

Thanks!

~todd

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pickup "The Definitive Guide To JasperReports"  other than that you need to jump right in. A basic understanding of Java syntax would help. Look for a basic tutorial on the net.

I spent last year converting my current firms reports from Crystal to Jasper. I was on the opposite end, had experience in Java and Jasper Reports but no Crystal experience.

I would pickup "The Definitive Guide To JasperReports"  other than that you need to jump right in. A basic understanding of Java syntax would help. Look for a basic tutorial on the net.

I spent last year converting my current firms reports from Crystal to Jasper. I was on the opposite end, had experience in Java and Jasper Reports but no Crystal experience.