We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasper and jboss?

rbojja

Hi,

Is jasper compatible on jboss.

I had developed jasper reports and using jboss as my application server.Here comes the issues.

I tried fixing all of those searching the forum..but still one or the other issues comes..

Can any one tell me whats the compatible version of jboss and jdk if so to work on jasper.

Thanks,

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rbojja,

JasperServer Community Edition (previously called Open Source edition) should work with JBoss.

JasperServer Professional Edition is tested by the QA team on JBoss, so this version is certified to work on JBoss. JasperServer Pro 3.0, for example, is certified on JBoss 4.2.2 with JDK 1.5 & 1.6.

Since they're based on the same code line, the community edition should also be OK on JBoss.

Regards,

Matt

Jaspersoft

We use the standard JasperReport (2.0.5 currently) lib within JBoss 4.2.2 and it's working fine.

Be aware if you want to use SubReports, you should use the JavaFlow JAR Archive instead the normal one (separate download / ant build). This is because the threads that are started when calling SubReports by JR what is forbidden in J2EE app server - that's why the Java-Flow library.

To change the SubReport Runner you have to set following property:

Code:
net.sf.jasperreports.subreport.runner.factory=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRContinuationSubreportRunnerFactory

hth + just my two cents.

C-Box

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

I am using J2sdk1.4.2_05 and jboss-4.0.0RC2.

Jasper reports are not working on this.

version of jasper is jasperreports-2.0.4;

Is this configurable environment to work on jasper reports.

whats the best compatible version of jasper reports with

J2sdk1.4.2_05 and jboss-4.0.0RC2.?

ERROR:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.log from class org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule

org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule.body(SetNestedPropertiesRule.java:393)