We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 2.1 with iReport 3

kusu

I have recently installed JaserServer 2.1 on a linux server and am happy with (and impressed by) it (except for the occasional problem as error as reported here:

http://www.jasperforge.org/sf/go/projects.jasperserver/discussion.jasperserver_forum_backup_do_not.topc29419

but that is not the topic of this mail.)

I am using iReport 2 on a client PC for creating reports on it.

I wonder if I could also use iReport 3 on the client PC. Does iReport 3 work with JapserServer 2.1, or would I have to expect problems with that combination.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Kurt

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt,

iReport 3.0 works well with JasperServer 2.1.

But there is one critical thing to consider. iReport 3.0 ships with JasperReports 3.0.0 while JasperServer 2.1 ships with JasperReports 2.0.2.

Creating or editing reports in iReport 3.0 will, by default, create .jrxml files that JR 2.0.2 won't be able to understand. The solution is to either tell iReport to create .jrxml files for JR 2.0.2 or upgrade JasperServer to JR 3.0.0. You'll find other threads on the forum discussion this problem and its solution.

Regards,

Matt

Jaspersoft

Hello Matt,

As for me, the 1st time I wanted to use iReport 3.0 with jasperserver 2.1, just after downloading it and installing, I got a "strange" error (...nested exception from sax....) while trying to access to the jasperserver "tree" ( without doing anything I got back all ireport 2.0 configuration) through the plugin.

But I noticed that I had the 3.0 jasperserver plugin. So, in iReport 3.0, I replaced the 2 jar files of the 3.0 jasperserver plugin by the 2.1 ones. After that, all was running OK and I could access and modify report units through iReport 3.0. Since that test, I didn't create new reports units and try to run them under jasperserver. This is my next step.

Hope it will work !!