We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Help on JasperServer and JasperReports

sangi

Hi all,

I am new to Jasper Technology. We are building a new DW. We need to generate Reports from the Warehouse and all these Reports should be accessible from a portal.

I am bit confused with JasperServer, JasperReports,JasperAnalysis and iReport tools. Which tool do I use to generate reports, to create a portal and to create Cubes. Some of reports require Drill Down and Slice/Dice features.

Which tools should I use to meet the requirments and how can I integrate the above tools?

Thank you,

sangi

Post edited by: sangi, at: 2008/04/04 03:25

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

* IReport is the tool for Report design

* jasperserver is the report server where you can publish the reports and give users access through a web app

* jasperanalysis is the olap engine, here you can define your cubes and access them trough jpivot(web app shipped with jasperserver) or built reports with IReport on it

You need to use all of these tools if you want to built reports on olap data.

hth,

Thank you so much... :)

I installed iReport 2.0.5,JasperServer 2.1 and working. I didnt get chance to download JasperAnalysis. Could you please tell me where can I get JasperAnalysis?

iReport looks good that its updating JasperServer Portal in real time but I am unable create a new Report. Its giving following error. :(

org.springframework.webflow.engine.NoMatchingTransitionException: No transition was matched on the event(s) signaled by the [1] action(s) that executed in this action state 'checkForParams' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result outcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note: the eventIds signaled were: 'array<String>['error']', while the supported set of transitional criteria for this action state is 'array<TransitionCriteria>[[eventId = 'yes'], [eventId = 'no']]'

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by: sangi, at: 2008/04/04 12:45

Hey... Such an instant reply.

Yes. I checked the JasperAnalysis. Actually I want to build Cubes. How can I do that?

The error which I mentioned is solved. its because of version conflict. :)

One more Question I have,

When I use iReport to create a new folder its updating the JasperServer but When I changed the report properties (.jrxml) its not showing the modification on the JasperServer Report. I refresed the the browser but didnt work. Could you please help me.

if you want to built your own cubes you have to take a deeper look at th workbench and the mondrian documentation.

I had the problem with the not updated report by myself.

a workaround is to save the report on your local computer, then modify the report and replace the old report file.

hth,

jens