We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Barcode works in ireport, not on server

pumaking

Hello,

I successfully implemented a EAN-13 Barcode in Ireports. When I want to create the report Jasperserver, I get an error:

1 - Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: 1. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(11,((java.math.BigDecimal)field_EAN.getValue()),true,true,null,0,150));//$JR_EXPR_ID=26$ --------------------------------------> 2. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(11,((java.math.BigDecimal)field_EAN.getOldValue()),true,true,null,0,150));//$JR_EXPR_ID=26$ --------------------------------------> 3. it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage cannot be resolved to a type value = (java.awt.Image)(it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(11,((java.math.BigDecimal)field_EAN.getValue()),true,true,null,0,150));//$JR_EXPR_ID=26$ --------------------------------------> 3 errors

Does anyone have an idea?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this pointer, although the solution only partly worked for us.

We use iReports 3.0.0 and Jasper Server 3, both in the Windows environment. As well as the Barbeque library, we've found that barcodes need "iReport.jaritbusinesslogicireportbarcodeBcImage.class" as well. We have therefore copied the iReports jar from version 3.0.0 of iReports into the "./webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib" folder. This now works a treat!

Does anyone know incidentally whether there is a better way to do this? I am not keen to have added a 7.5Mb file to the lib folder, but then I am also unkeen to start deleting things from the iReports.jar archive, unless I know it is completely safe to do. Does Tomcat load the whole file into memory, or does it just load what it needs anyway?

Thanks all!

Sorry, that path of the required lib should have been "iReport.jar/it/businesslogic/ireport/barcode/BcImage.class", but the forum ate my backslashes. It also does not reveal a submit button when editing posts (and I get JavaScript errors if I use IE etc...).

• 7 months later...

I am having the same issue, included - iReport-1.3.3.jar , iReport-utils-2.0.1.jar and barbecue-1.0.6b.jar  in WWB-INF/Lib folder of jasper server 3.1 but I still get the error : com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Error evaluating expression : Source text : it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(5,$F{UPC1},false,false,$F{UPC1},0,0)

Restarted the tomcat 6.0 with java jdk 1.6

Please help...

• 4 years later...
You can generate barcodes in Jasper Reports through Jasper Reports JRRenderable implementation. It has three advantages: easy to create barcodes through Jasper Reports JRRenderable implementation; easy to customize the barcode settings through parameter strings and fast to print large number of barcode images on PDF, html, without any latency. But there is still a disadvantage that every report designer needs a copy of barcode plugin and install it. http://www.keepautomation.com/guide/barcode_ireport.html

• 10 months later...