blank line in a report !

azaki

Hi,
I created a report containing group separation using iReport, the problem is that I have a blank line at every group change (really ugly). I suppressed the group footers but the blank line still appears.
I attach the files I used to create my report if any one wants to take a look. I use foodmart database for testing.
Any help would be appreciated
regards [file name=report-6be679cc35f911459f50f76f7f62cbc0.zip size=4284]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Amine,

The subreports in the storeheader are not necessary as far as I can tell, and that is what is creating the blank space. I downloaded your files, increased the height of one of the subreports, ran it as a blank report so it would compile, then ran your primary report. Big old space resulted!

The easiest way to find invisible objects is through the Document Structure panel on the left side. Navigate to "storeHeader" and you can then select the subreport(s) and either delete them or change their properties.

I couldn't help but notice the conditional fields in the genderHeader group. You can get rid of this entire band and instead deselect the "Print repeated values" property for "store name" and "gender" in the storeHeader band.

Also, I supress bands I don't want (e.g., genderFooter) by setting its band height to 0.

Good luck,

Mary

Hi Mary

Thanks for your help. it works fin now.

Actually as I didn’t know the "Print repeated values" property I wanted to create a variables that hold the latest values of each one of my group fields so as I can compare.

But, If I need a more complex comparison, Is using sub reports the only way for holding the latest value of a field?