We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Japanese user friendly names in ad hoc reporting

lifeandcare

I am evaluating JasperServer-Professional.
Can I use Japanese string (e.g. "æªå¼ä¼šç¤¾ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰" or "ãƒã‚¦ãƒã‚¡æ•°") as user friendly names in ad hoc reporting?
I am using Japanese string in SQL query as alias. It works well in firefox, but not working in IE6 0r IE7 browsers.
Please let me know what should I do for above problem. I want to make it renderable in Internet Explorer browser.

yours,

Noorul H Khan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noorul,

I pasted your Japanese strings into an Ad Hoc topic. They render well for me in both Firefox and IE 6. (I didn't try IE 7.) Specifically I'm using IE 6.0.2900.2180 on Windows XP.

This doesn't directly help you with your problem... but it implies that perhaps the issue is linked to the IE/Windows setup, since the code works well on other IE installs.

Regards,

Matt

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your co-operation and immediate reply.

I'm using IE 6.0 2800.1106 on Windows 2000 Professional and IE 6.0.2900.2180 on Windows XP. Japanese string as user friendly names working well in above mentioned versions of IE 6.0. But when I want to drag these fields from list of available fields to group or table area in right side. It not works and throws exception on server,

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Trying to insert group for non existent column ??????
com.jaspersoft.ji.adhoc.AdhocTableState.insertGroup(AdhocTableState.java:393)

But when I use Firefox, it's working for me.
Please help by reviewing attached files.

Thanks and regards,

Noorul H Khan [file name=DemoTopic.jrxml size=2119]
Post edited by: lifeandcare, at: 2008/02/15 07:09

Noorul,

The sample helped. I was not able to run your topic directly. I couldn't tell at first if the problem was with iReport or with my Oracle JDBC configuration. I suppose if the topic ran successfully for you in iReport, then it means my Oracle config is not setup well for multibyte languages.

Your jrxml has fields like this:

<field name="æªå¼ä¼šç¤¾ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰" class="java.sql.Timestamp"/>

My Oracle apparently mangles these field names, so it can't match the field names in the resultset to the field names defined in the jrxml.

But I modified the topic like this:

<field name="english alias1" class="java.sql.Timestamp">

<fieldDescription><![CDATA[æªå¼ä¼šç¤¾ã‚³ãƒ¼ãƒ‰]]></fieldDescription>

</field>

Then it works fine in iReport. And then it works fine in JasperServer as well (both IE and Firefox). Try moving the Japanese strings into the field descriptions rather than using them in the query and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Matt

JasperSoft