Drill-downs in reports urgently required

dnvsrikanth

Hi all

I am using JasperReports to create reports. In my application I have a requirement in which I need to create drill-downs in my report.When we click on a record in already generated data i want a drill down which shows the data related to that particular record.

for example first i want to display all the employees who are in supervisor designation. On click of a particular record i want a drill-down which shows all the employees who are reporting to that particular supervisor

Can anyone tell me how to create this, or show a sample code...

I am in urgent need of this task...I Hope that i will get a solution in this forum

Thanks & Regards

DNV Srikanth

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

right click on the text box for which you want to keep the hyperlink, select hyperlink tab select hyperlink target as "self" and hyperlink type as "ReportExecution"(edit it).

now click on the link parameters tab and add a parameter _report in 'link parameter name' and url in 'value expression' where you want to navigate(link)

and add the parameters and their values accordingly.

Thnx,

Avinash.

• 1 year later...

Hi avinash

can you pls explain it in littlebit detail.  what is this "_report" ? will it be used by jasperserver?

suppose, I have a  toplevel report [employees] containing employee detail (emp_id,emp_name).

a detailed report [employee_details] containing employee information with "emp_id" as the parameter.

suppose these two reports resides in the same directory, could you please provide the configuration details?

thanks in advance.

asif

Post Edited by asif_m10 at 10/27/2009 12:16