JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Horizontal text field alignments

jmbaker

Hi,

I have a question concerning layouts. Consider the following text field expression:

"Total: "+$F{MB}+"MB used"

If the value of MB is a number then it will be output using toString(). But this behaviour is not ideal because the field looks better formatted, which can be done using the Pattern facility on a text field.

However this means I need to create three text fields:

"Total: "

$F{MB} (with a pattern set}

"MB used"

and place all three text fields beside each other. And this is where I have a problem. The output looks unprofessional if the text isn't perfectly aligned (horizontally), and given the value of $F{MB} is entirely variable, the gap between the fields can not be pre-determined.

Is there a facility to make text fields sit beside each other and automtically increase/decrease in width, ensuring all fields are kept close to each other?

Thanks,

John

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance().format($F{choice_amt})+"/"+NumberFormat.getCurrencyInstance().format($F{sp_sup_orig_rate})

is what I do for currency...

you will probably want NumberFormat.getInstance()

iow,

"Total: "+NumberFormat.getInstance().format($F{MB})+" MB used"

Post edited by: momzilla, at: 2008/01/03 16:45

Hello,

I'm taking the "X "+NumberFormat...+" Y" route but it's kind of annoying given I thought there were some internal date/number formatting features driven from parameters (REPORT_TIME_ZONE, for example). Surely what I'm asking for is a really sensible idea? Could this be added to the wish list of features? It seems increasibly obvious for anyone wishing to mix dates/numbers & text.

Thanks,

John