JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Linux pdf report with Courier font truncates text

vipinkumar

Hi, I am facing text truncation problem on page breaks when I generate a pdf report which spans multiple pages from Linux server. The report has only single text field which can span multiple pages. I have to use Courier font otherwise formatting of my text is not preserved. The report runs okay on windows but truncates 1 lines on the bottom of each page when I run from Linux. Here are my textfield and font settings.

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" pattern="" isBlankWhenNull="false" evaluationTime="Now" hyperlinkType="None" hyperlinkTarget="Self" >

<reportElement mode="Transparent" x="0" y="0" width="535" height="760" key="textField" stretchType="RelativeToTallestObject" positionType="Float" isPrintRepeatedValues="false" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="true" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="false"/>

<font fontName="Courier New" pdfFontName="Courier" size="8" isBold="false" isItalic="false" isUnderline="false" isPdfEmbedded ="true" pdfEncoding ="cp1252" isStrikeThrough="false"/>

I copied all .ttf files from windows fonts to a Linux directory and set the JAVA_FONTS environment variable to point to the local font directory. I tried the below, stil the same result -

<font fontName="cour.ttf" pdfFontName="cour.ttf" size="8" isBold="false" isItalic="false" isUnderline="false" isPdfEmbedded ="true" pdfEncoding ="cp1252" isStrikeThrough="false"/>

I have read a lot of threads saying its a font problem between pdf and awt. I guess setting JAVA_FONTS should ensure that Linux JVM has all the fonts from the local directory. I am not sure why it is still truncating the text. I have to use Courier font only. I even copied all fonts(*.ttf) files under ../jre/lib/fonts but problem is not resolved.

Please can anyone help me with a solution.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have "Courier New" available to JVM. I printed all fonts and it shows all 138 fonts which I copied from windows.

The problem exists on windows as well if I use font size other than 8. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong.

For the time being I am splitting the whole text into pages of text(say 74 lines per page) and creating as many objects as number of pages and then passing an array of these objects to jasper to fill the report.