We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

pagination (badly in need)

mkiranmk

Hi All,

I have to generate HTML reports but cannot display all the records in single report because of huge huge data. So I want to display 100 recs per page and have pagination with "PREV" and "NEXT" links (or page number 1,2,3,...10,...).

I tried to search the fourm pagination but got results only for the IS_IGNORE_PAGINATION flag which is just going to display all the results in one continuous single table instead of split tables.

Looking for a solution if anything can be done from jasper side rather than handling by query/code

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't set IS_IGNORE_PAGINATION, the filled report will be paginated according to its page height. When exporting to HTML, you can export a single page at a time and achieve client pagination.

Take a look at the "webapp" JasperReports sample, you'll find a paginated HTML viewer there.

HTH,

Lucian

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am exporting a report through iReport Plugin to jasperserver and running it from there.

I have three text fields expression in the detail band and one subreport in pageheader. The IS_IGNORE_PAGINATION option is not set i.e. the report is expected to be paginated. The report normally works fine.

But many times the pagelinks are not appearing on the top of report and so it is not showing all the records.When I export the same report to PDF format all the pages are shown. What Could be the problem. A quick reply is highly solicited.

Regards

Mohit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess pagination buttons have to be manually added in the JSP. But I am not sure how to go about doing it.:unsure:

Can you please point to a sample for page navigation. It's really urgent. Any pointer would be a great help

• 2 years later...

sukirtha
Wrote:

I have successfully integrated jasper reports in JSF with page navigation. Thank you for all the help.

I have posted the JSF integration solution in the following post.
http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=215&func=view&id=40439&catid=8

Post edited by: sukirtha, at: 2008/05/12 09:58

hi.

I'm new in jsf-jasperReports.

i look for a solution to integrate jsf and jasperReports to have html preview with pagination.

i see your post.i follow the link above but the post is not available anymore.

would you pls guide me or post the solution again.

tnks.