dashboard / user demo

toma20

Hi,

I have installed Jasperserver Pro and I log in with demo/demo.

After login, a dashborad is displayed, not the classic homepage.

how to do that (define a specific report as homepage) for another user ?

Thanks

Post edited by: toma20, at: 2007/11/12 12:09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently it is a manual process - editing JSPs and config files. JasperSoft support can help you through this.

JasperSoft is producing a drag and drop dashboard builder and run time environment for the next release of JasperServer Professional.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• 2 weeks later...

Dear for making the Dash board u have to use 3 products

1-Mondrian for your Business Logic(xml schema)

2-JPivot for your front end OLAP components like drill drop table..etc and with WCI components.

3-Tomcat version 5x for running all these.

u can take the help from jasper site or www.pentheaou.org site....

Note: to make the custom dashboard u hav to be a good in web development then u can make the dashboard....

thanks....

• 2 weeks later...

The sample dashboard that ships with JasperServer Pro 2.1 was created with iReport. The WEB-INF/jsp/home/homeForDemo.jsp file references the "supermart/Dashboard" file stored in the JasperServer repository.

The individual reports that display in the dashboard are subreports, also stored in the repository. The dashboard has lots of links--some of which drill down into the same report, others that open different reports, and others that open an OLAP view in JasperAnalysis.

You don't have to be a developer to create a dashboard (I'm not, and I have). It does help to learn a little Java if you want to get fancy with parameter passing.

Hope this helps.

Mary

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a pretty good dashboard. I kind of get an idea of the various components that need to be used to build a dashboard like that from your post in this thread but what about the query? Does it have to be handcrafted or does Jasper support a BI metadata layer?

Thanks

As far at the query is concerned, currently it does have to be created by hand. There is a visual query designer in iReport to help.

We are currently working on a metadata driven data source that comes with web based data source configuration and a drag and drop query designer (fields, filters, names). Once you have your query, you can flow into the current ad hoc report designer. Initially this will be for SQL databases, but we will be adding other underlying data sources, like Hibernate.

Sherman

JasperSoft