so JasperServer isn't needed unless...

arianhojat

Just started looking at jasperreports today

and was wondering if followings is true...

you can deploy a report without jasperserver, you just need java app to open a report or tomcat to deploy a report on web as applet/servlet. Correct?

So JasperServer isnt needed unless...

you want to enhance jasperreports with anaylsis/graphs and/or assign roles to reports, right?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you not very clear about Jasper product. JasperReport is the report engine which produce the report. To use that, you need a front-end (JasperServer) to extract the report. You also can write your own java code to the same function. But JasperServer more advance by providing the analysis function plus the report scheduling.

Hi, i'm new to Jasper world so i'm testin Jasper report with Ireport 2.01 frontend. I've created some simple report and now i need to "deploy" them to an application server. I've read about Jasper report so i've installed in a test machine but now my problems are:

1) how can i deploy the reports developed by Ireport version 2.01 on my notebook

2) how can i launch those reports directly from my application? and also i have to pass some parameters to the reports, is it possible ?

Thanks a lot for your support.