We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

special character in pdf

contiang

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

There are <sup /> and <sub /> tags for superscript and subscript allowed in a styled text.

You could write your expression as:

Code:
E = mc<sup>2</sup>

For more information, please consult our [url=http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=57]Styled Text Report Sample.

Regards,

sanda

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've done with subs and sups... Everything is ok except I need to diplay some mathematical symbols in my reports (PDF). Anybody can tell me how to display these simbols in iReport/jasperreports? I've attached a symbols in the pdf files that i've downloaded from the net. [file name=Unicode_Reference___U2200.pdf size=153486]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/Unicode_Reference___U2200.pdf[/file]

Hi --

Of the 14 built-in fonts for PDF, your best bet is probably Symbol for the math fonts. I use ZapfDingbats a lot, but that does not have the math stuff.

You might see if you can find what the Symbol fonts are for the various characters, then set your pdfFontName="Symbol" for the characters that you want to output as math symbols.

If Symbol does not have what you want, you will need to find a font file and put that in your path and set the pdfFontName to that file, and set isPdfEmbedded="true" to be sure that the font is included with the pdf and everyone opening the PDF will have the font.

Betty