How to parse subreport into jasperserver

murali.aitha

Hi,

I created Subreport using ireport,after that i parsed into jasperserver but its not resolving into that,its getting error as

org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionExecutionException:    Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@383b19 targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction@22fe09,        attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'verifyData' of flow 'viewReportFlow' -- action execution attributes were 'map[[empty]]';        nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper:            net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Could not load object from location : .NonLifeInsurence.jasperCaused by: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper:    net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Could not load object from location : .NonLifeInsurence.jasper[/code]

Hear NonLifeInsurence.jasper is subreport JRXML file.

Thanks,

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please look at the documentation. You have to load the sub report separately into JasperServer as a resource.In the master report JRXML, refer to the sub report via "repo:sub_report" or "repo:/subReports/theSubReport".

Sherman

JasperSoft

Hi

How can we access the jasper server user name in jasper reports as parameter for jrxml file in jasperserver.[i proveded logginuser for jrxml file and that parameters also],but its giving empty report while clicking the report.I am using jasperserver-1.2.1 and ireport-1.2.7.please reply me as early as possible.

Regards,

Murali

• 2 years later...

Hello,

But that's not good as Once I am done testing in ireport then I have to change the file to "repo:subreportname". the subreport should work same in irreport and jasperserver. Am I doing something wrong that I have to change everytime I deploy to jasperserver.

In Ireport my subreportexpression is : $P{SUBREPORT_DIR}+"Users_jrxml_ContractsARRpt_Details.jasper" and it runs perfectly fine in ireport.

But when I deploy the same jrxml with subreports it gives me cannot load from that location : .\Users_jrxml_ContractsARRpt_Details.jasper.

After reading this thread I changed subreportexpression to  "repo:Users_jrxml_ContractsARRpt_Details.jrxml" and then then created a report unit  in UI of jasperserver and it worked fine, it found all the subreports as a resources and ran perfectly fine.

But when I open the changed report on ireport, gives me error, cannot load from that location: repo:Users_jrxml_ContractsARRpt_Details.jrxml.

So this means I have keep on changing if I need to test in jasperserver or in ireport.

Please let me know if I am missing something or it has to be like this...

• 3 weeks later...