Images not diaplyed in RTF, XLS and PDF format.

yamini

Hi Teodor,

I have a jasper file which have one gif image and exporting it to html, pdf, xls, and rtf format through servlet. The servlet also has pagination functionality.

The image is getting displayed in html format but didnt in xls, pdf, and rtf format. One more thing is that when i m exporting report to rtf format, browser takes lot of time to open the rtf format. The report has 42 pages and it is a tabular report.

What is the problem. Help me to sort out this issue as early as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Aditya

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am not using jasper server. The report is filled and exported using jasper report api in a servlet.

But the xls file is not taking so much time. One more thing I noticed that RTF file has a size of 11 MB as compared to 963Kb XLS file for the same report.

What about the images ? It is not gettting displayed in RTF, XLS, PDF format.

Thanks,

Aditya

Ya, i have searched the forum. What I found in forum is that in XLS images are not there because og poi library does not support it. I am using latest version of poi library and itext library.

If poi doesn't support the images then is there any way to have images in XLS and RTF format.

Thanks,

Aditya

Is there anyone to help me.

How can I have images(gif/jpeg) on RTF,pdf and XLS format when exporting through servlet.

please help me to sort out this issue as early as possible.

Thanks

Aditya

• 2 weeks later...

Use JExcelAPI to export Excel worksheets containing images. We've tried adding image support to POI 3.0 but because of lack of time haven't ever got to find out why it didn't work.

JXL on the other hand works flawlessly, and as far as I can remember Jasper Server uses JExcelAPI to export to Excel.

link - jexcelapi.sourceforge.net

Thanks,

Now the images getting rendered in all the exporting format (rtf, pdf and xls) when I am giving absoliyte path. But now the problem is when I am giving relative path to an image it does not works. Actually the image is stored in my web application folder and I dont want to give absolute path. Relative path working is fine when exporting to HTML but not for PDF, XLS, RTF.

I am attaching the jrxml file.

Please provide the solution so that the images get rendered.

Thanks

Aditya [file name=VoiceSession.jrxml size=34112]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/VoiceSession.jrxml[/file]

Thanks,

Now the images getting rendered in all the exporting format (rtf, pdf and xls) when I am giving absoliyte path. But now the problem is when I am giving relative path to an image it does not works. Actually the image is stored in my web application folder and I dont want to give absolute path. Relative path working is fine when exporting to HTML but not for PDF, XLS, RTF.

I am attaching the jrxml file.

Please provide the solution so that the images get rendered.

Thanks

Aditya [file name=VoiceSession-a3d9a9746787d17c03697f86ae94cec1.jrxml size=34112]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/VoiceSession-a3d9a9746787d17c03697f86ae94cec1.jrxml[/file]

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem with displaying images in a pdf.

When using an absolute path, the images are displayed correctly in the pdf, but not when using a relative path. With the relative path, some don't get rendered, other just look black.

Loading the pdf in Acrobat Reader also takes up much time.

However, when using iReport, and creating the pdf that way, everything seems to work, although i'm using the same resource bundle.

Have you found a solution to your problem? If so, plz post it here.

Thanks

Istvan

• 4 years later...