JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

"permission denied" error

rich1964

Hi,

Using ./jasperserver-1.2.1-linux-installer.bin to install throws me a "Permission denied" error everytime. I have also tried installing version 1.2.0 but i got the same error. This is on a SuseLinux 10 server and executed as root.

I then tried installing on a windows xp using the windows installer version 1.2.1. This installed without a problem. But we need to have jasperserver on the Linux server and not the windows xp machine as these are for evaluation.

Why am I getting a "permission denied" error????

Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks

rich

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

swood wrote:

At what point do you get the permission denied problem?

Sherman
JasperSoft

swood wrote:

At what point do you get the permission denied problem?

Sherman
JasperSoft

I was getting the error message at the very first step of installation, thus nothing to see on log file as nothing was created then. BUT, the problem is sorted. Apparently, access permission of jasperserver-1.2.1-linux-installer.bin was set to be non-executable (so it was downloaded and it never occur to me to check that until I ran out of permission related things to check) I changed the access permission to be executable and off it shoots!

Sherman, a whole heap of thanks for your response.

May be you can point a finger to where to change the main background table size and color from. I have looked in the *.css files without success.

Thanks,

rich