dprogrammer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a newbie for JasperServer.

It seems JasperServer use JPivot to render the OLAP result, so

• we need to know the usage of tags of JPivot and WCF
  • then we need to modify the %JASPER_SERVER_WEBAPP_ROOT%/WEB-INF/jsp/olap/viewOlap.jsp file to change the macro UI layout
  • and it seems JPivot use some XSL to render it's own component (I called it micro UI), so we need to know XSL knowledge[/ul]

I'm a newbie for JPivotã€Mondrianã€OLAPã€MDX too, I'm learning JPivot and Mondrian these days, we need advises from experts:lol:

Post edited by: lovetide, at: 2007/05/25 02:19

Changing the OLAP UI has a few components.

First, there is the WEB-INF/jsp/olap/viewOlap.jsp, which defines the controls and where the table, chart, buttons etc appear.

In that page, you will see references to XSL files. Each JPivot component produces XML output, that is rendered to the screen via XSL. You can change the XSLs.

If you want to change UI behavior, you can do this in the JPivot Java code, or with JavaScript.

What do you want to change?

Sherman

JasperSoft

I would like to hide some buttons, and possibly add new buttons if possible. I also would like to know how to call the functions from code rather than clicking the buttons, for example instead of clicking ->AZ to change the sort order, can we do it from the code. Can we change the skin of the UI to meet our colors?

In order to change the OLAP buttons or change their order, modify the toolbar block starting on line 71 in viewOlap.jsp

For instance, if you wanted to comment out the toolbar buttons pertaining to the charting features, comment out the following:

<%--

<wcf:scriptbutton id="chartButton" tooltip="jsp.jpivot.toolb.chart" img="chart" model="#{${requestScope.name}/chart.visible}"/>

<wcf:scriptbutton id="chartPropertiesButton" tooltip="jsp.jpivot.toolb.chart.config" img="chart-config" model="#{${requestScope.name}/chartform.visible}"/>

<wcf:separator/>

--%>

I'm still looking at how to work with this but it uses the wcf and here's the homepage: http://jpivot.sourceforge.net/wcf/index.html

When you figure out stuff, please be sure to post. I'm in the same boat.

Peace.

Patrick Lewis.

Ok, This is what I've been able to figure out today which may be of use.

Jasperserver is using Sitemesh (http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/) to put the finishing touches on it's pages. Messing with viewOlap.jsp alone isn't going to change the color of the banner.

I've figured out a quick and dirty way of changing this, and if anyone has the final link than you are just a genius. :)

What I did: Sitemesh uses the ~stuff~webappsjasperserverWEB-INFdecorators.xml file. There is only one decorator by default putting the file main.jsp from the ~stuff~webappsjasperserverWEB-INFdecorators directory. I'm assuming it's implied that these will be in the subdirectory since it's not in the .xml file.

I tried creating my own decorator putting <decorator name="va" page="va.jsp" /> in the block for decorators.

I created a decorator va.jsp by copying main.jsp and changing a few small, but noticable things.

In viewOlap.jsp I put the tag <meta name="decorator" content="va"/> in the head just after the title.

And.... It did nothing.

I finally gritted my teeth and changed the main decorator in the decorators.xml to point at my va.jsp.

That got me the changes I was expecting. This changes everything sitewide so while quick it is also really dirty.

If anyone knows what I did wrong with specifiying the decoratiors I will bow to your brilliance and give you cake.

have a good day.

Patrick.

Personally, I'm trying to be selective about the application of decorations. I don't want to have to change the baner/logo/style for the whole site just to change the decoration on one page. I've figured out how to change a lot of stuff through modifying the viewOlap.jsp and changing the assignment of the main decoration in the decorations.xml, but I'd like to put some declaration in viewOlap.jsp to specify my decorations.

Thanks

Patrick.

The approach you took to define a decorator and refer to it in the meta tag in the JSP does work for the Spring Web Flow screens used in most of JasperServer/JasperAnalysis, but I think there is some mess in there because JPivot/WCF based viewOlap.jsp with Spring MVC is not playing nicely with SiteMesh.

All I can suggest is to look into the SiteMesh configuration options.

Sherman

JasperSoft

The approach you took to define a decorator and refer to it in the meta tag in the JSP does work for the Spring Web Flow screens used in most of JasperServer/JasperAnalysis, but I think there is some mess in there because JPivot/WCF based viewOlap.jsp with Spring MVC is not playing nicely with SiteMesh.

All I can suggest is to look into the SiteMesh configuration options.

Sherman

JasperSoft