We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JR1.2.7 - Stretch with overflow problem

follyaxel

Hello,

I've got some problems with the Stretch with overflow.

It doesn't work and I can't get it to work.

When the content of the textField exceeds one line than the textfield and the static text are not shown.

I tried diverent values for Eval. Time, grouping the text fields and ungrouping the text fields. But I never get the complete text and static text shown.

This counts for the HTML as for the PDF view both.

I upgraded to 1.3.2 yesterday to be sure it wasn't some known bug that was allready fixed.

My problem wasn't solved and because a college of mine made some big changes in Jasper Reports for the HTML view we desided not to upgrade the servers to 1.3.2 if there is a solution for 1.2.7.

I attached the jrxml files of one of the reports where this is going wrong.

I hope you guys can help me.

Best Regards,

Alex Donker

//attachement removed

Post edited by: follyaxel, at: 2007/04/12 10:17

Post edited by: follyaxel, at: 2007/04/17 12:44

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I created a small test report and some small xml data.

I tried recreating the issue and that was no problem.

I fooled around with "print order", "print repeated values", "Stretch to band height", different fonts, etc...

I still didn't get it to work. What I did discover is that when I set the textfield, that I wan't to "stretch with overflow", to the front, the complete text is printed. But it is printed over the other text :S.

The other thing that I discovered is that the static text, that stands before the textfield, never is printed. But dependent to the "Print order" the background color of the static text is growing or not.

I've put the jrxml and the xml file in a zip file. They are called testje.jrxml and data.xml.

This problem is really a big issue for us. So please help me.

[file name=CatalogReportsTest.zip size=4508]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/CatalogReportsTest.zip[/file]

Hi,

The first static text had the height too small. Make it 25 instead of 23, so that it has the same height as the others that work well.

Then put each pair of static text and text field in a separate <frame> object. All frames should have postitionType="Float". All static texts should have stretchType="RelativeToBandHeight" and all text fields should have isStretchWithOverflow="true".

I have attached a modified version of your JRXML that I think works as expected.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

[file name=testje.jrxml size=10394]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/testje.jrxml[/file]

• 5 months later...
I have a similar problem, however yet still not solved, it's very much like the one you were discussing here. In my case I have a mainreport that includes 2 subreports in the detail band. In the subreports there are textfields, each placed in the detail band in their own report - file (jrxml). The first subreport is called header.jrxml and the second data.jrxml. Header can include text that will overflow one line. However when the header content is too much it overshadows the data content, as if it was underneath, but you just can't see it. I would like it to be able to fit nicely together so that the amount of text in the header file can extend without problems downward. How to do this ? Stretch with overflow is marked in header.jrxml and it extends over the data.jrxml text. If I uncheck it, the full text is not printed.

oh hey wait, it works if the two reports included are each put into their own frame object. Just like the example for Follyaxel, the only difference was that I included two subreports into one mainreport. In the mainreport I checked

Transparent

remove line when blank

Print when detail overflows

Print repeated values

:cheer:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with "stretch with overflow", each time the a report field stretch in 2 pages, the first character in that field on the 2nd page is not written. I've tried changing font size, margin, aligment ,etc with no results..

Any suggestion? T_T

I have a problem with "stretch with overflow", each time the a report field stretch in 2 pages, the first character in that field on the 2nd page is not written. I've tried changing font size, margin, aligment ,etc with no results..

Any suggestion? T_T

Yeah, i set the position type to float already,I also tried to use the same font type, increse or decrese the size of the field, the font, etc , etc, this bug is driving me crazy so plz if you figure out what is wrong with stretch with overflow , let me know

thanks

• 2 years later...
I have a similar problem. I have a single text field and want the content to wrap around if it goes further than the width. What is happening is it is increasing the width of the field (and entire report) instead. The field is in the same summary band as everything else (3 graphs). Any thoughts?

• 12 years later...