how to know the lastpagefooter

ibmsoft

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It would be better to explain what you want to do.

Cause there is no straight answer to this question.

Simply put, we have a special band in the report template called lastPageFooter specifically because there is no way for us to know we are on the last page just by looking at a variable or something.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't see how the answer to this question might help you.

But anyway, the report filler class renders the last page footer when all report sections have finished and only the summary remains, or when the summary has started and it overflowed. This kind of context information or business logic, if you like, is built-into the report filler code and is not available externally.

As I said, you'd better tell us what you want to do and you might get a quick solution, instead of trying to find out things that might not be useful for your particular case.

Thank you,

Teodor

ok, i'll try to explain...

let's say i have a report which has several records and all those records and all other bands fits into a single page and there is still some free space between detail and lastPageFooter bands. So i add one more record to my report and now i see that my report contains 2 pages, though there was some free space in the report.

The next thing what i do is removing the pageFooter band. And now my report fits in a single page again and i even can add some more records to the report and it still contains one page. But after i just add pageFooter again, the report doesn't fit into a single page.

So, i just thought that a free space between detail and lastPageFooter may be taken by pageFooter even though it's not printed.

I hope you understand my problem and will be able to help.

so, one_page.pdf is looking ok with some free space at the bottom but if i just add one more line to the detail band i get two pages (two_page.pdf). Now i set the height of my pageFooter to 0 and i even add 5 more lines to my report and i still gave everything in a single page (one_page_wo_pageFooter.pdf).

So where is my problem here?

[file name=pdf_report.zip size=12728]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/pdf_report.zip[/file]

Post edited by: kaunietiss, at: 2007/05/09 15:49

ok, i'm adding an archive with all my jrxml files because i'm not sure which ones of those may cause my problem and which ones not.

And it may look a bit messy and difficult to understand sometimes because i always have to add something new to my report and do other changes. Sorry for that:)

[file name=report-7eae474e588854c7a18f9c6ad7309533.zip size=30525]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/report-7eae474e588854c7a18f9c6ad7309533.zip[/file]

oh, and the main report is SFPage.jrxml

Post edited by: kaunietiss, at: 2007/05/15 14:22