JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Probelm with printing lines in HTML

p_a

Hello,

I have a report which I used it in my web application.I use some lines in my report.(I used report 'jasper file' in my project.)

I exported this report in 3 formats,"HTML" "PDF" and "Excel".

As far as I have iReport in my pc,there is no problem with printing lines in HTML format but when I remove iReport ,the lines are not printed in HTML format:(

Do I miss some library that need to be add in my project for printing lines?

I would be glad if anyone help me to solve this problem.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm not sure about what kind of lines are you talking about.

Is it about line elements (<line> tag) or lines of text?

And when you say they do not appear, does it mean you get an error or there are elements missing in the generated documents? Does it happen in only one export format? Like HTML? Or is it the same across all export formats?

You could try upload the JRXML file here so that we can see if iReport classes are referenced in some of the expressions.

Thank you,

Teodor

Post edited by: teodord, at: 2007/02/19 12:15

Hi Teodor,

Thanks for considering my question.

In respect of the questions you asked:

>>Is it about line elements (<line> tag) or lines of text?

This is line elements which I used.

>>And when you say they do not appear, does it mean you get an error or there are elements missing in the generated documents?

The lines elements missing in the generated documents.

>>Does it happen in only one export format?

Yes,it just happened in HTML format.

What I think about is that iReport may install some fonts or library in windows registry.But I do not know which files.

I also attach the report which used line elements in it.

Hope I could explain my problem correctly and you could help me in solving this problem.

Thanks. [file name=test-06fdd46e62098f7508157d1995ea96b6.jrxml size=27736]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/test-06fdd46e62098f7508157d1995ea96b6.jrxml[/file]

Hello Teodor,

I attach the two picture of the line element which did not show in print version.

As you will see in the browser line elements show completely(display.jpg) and when it comes to print this page lines will not show!!!(print.jpg)

I also have another problem.

I use static text in one of my report which I use white color to hid the text inside the static text.It shows ok when I see its html format in the browser(display2.jpg) but when I want to print it all the hidden static text will be shown!!!!(print2.jpg)

As I explained before I guess maybe iReport add some fonts/library in the windows registry that cove these problems.Because all the 2 problems happened when I delete iReport on my computer.

Hello Teodor,

I attach the two picture of the line elements which did not show in print version.

As you will see in the browser line elements show completely(display.jpg) and when it comes to print this page lines will not show!!!(print.jpg)

I also have another problem.

I use static text in one of my report which I use white color to hide the text inside the static text.It shows ok when I see its html format in the browser(display2.jpg) but when I want to print it all the hidden static text will be shown!!!!(print2.jpg)

As I explained before I guess maybe iReport add some fonts/library in the windows registry that cover these problems.Because all the 2 problems happened when I delete iReport on my computer.

I would be so glad if you could help me on these two problems.

Thanks. [file name=ReportPic.zip size=204562]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/ReportPic.zip[/file]

Post edited by: p_a, at: 2007/02/22 06:49

HI again Teodor,

I attach another file with a simple jrxml file(test.jrxml) with the 2 picture of what you will see in browser and its print version.

Hope I could explain my problem clearly and you could help me to solve it.

It keeps my mind so busy and I do need help:(

Thank you

Pegah [file name=testFile.zip size=42955]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/testFile.zip[/file]

I found the solution for printing line elements.

It just related to the option in browser.

*Internet Explorer*

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab. Under Settings, scroll down until you find the Printing category. Make sure Print background colors and images is checked, and then click OK.

*Firefox*

On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Format & Options tab, under Options, select Print background (colors & images). Click OK.

Now I feel much relieved:P