We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

external styles

nostro

Hi

Is it possible to specify a style file and link it to reports, like in HTML?

I have many reports with the same styles and I do not want to copy and paste the styles from one report to the other one. Especially one change in the styles let into changing all other report styles.

thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You could use XML entities to split JRXML into pieces.

This is shown in the /demo/samples/query sample provided.

However, this does not work very well with the GUI tools which cannot save the report into multiple pieces.

This is something we plan to support in the future.

http://jasperforge.org/sf/go/artf1932?nav=1

I hope this helps.

Teodor

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and iReport and found this thread while searching for info on styles. I see it's from January, so I am wondering if this item has been addressed in any of the more recent versions of iReport? I am right now working on a system where I have one master report with varying subreports and it would be lovely to implement a common stylesheet for all of them.

Thanks!

Zack

Hi there,

I am very very interested in the external style sheets. I am eagerly waiting for this upgrade since I am getting to do more and more reports now. It would be very handy to manage the styles if we have external style sheets.

Thanks,

Hameed

hi nostro, ktalarico, racerzack, faheemhameed and all other members of this community.

It is difficult to set a common external style in JasperReport. Basically JasperReport have too many flaws due to its DTD struture and the only solution is that "let build a new reporting tool".

keep eye on: http://reporterray.wikidot.com

A new project is coming soon at this address

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I need sample code if anybody has ways to format  the excel files. My excel file reults using "exporter" are crowded and dont look good at all. it appears that most my  exporter.setparameter.. dont work to format generated excel files. I appreciate any help.

Code:

• 2 weeks later...